Last Update: September 28, 2018
- the Personal Information we collect about you;
- what we do with your Personal Information;
- who your Personal Information might be shared with; and
- your rights regarding the Personal Information you have provided to us.
1. WHO WE ARE
The data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in respect of this Site is Streamline Media Group Inc., a Delaware Corporation having its principal place of business at 410 South Rampart Boulevard, Suite 390, Las Vegas, NV 89145, United States of America. It means that we are the one to determine the purposes and the means by which your Personal Information is processed.
“Personal Information” means any type of data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify our Site users.
You can contact the data controller at any time by writing to the above-mentioned address or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, receive and process any information, including your Personal Information, data and other details submitted, shared or exchanged in connection with this Site. You may provide some of this information to us, for example by filling in forms, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We may collect some of it through automatic means, for example by using cookies when you visit our Site.READ HERE to learn what information we collect.
Information that you provide
Most content on the Site is offered without us collecting any Personal Information from you. However, there are a few activities on the Site where we might collect your Personal Information.
The following types of Personal Information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information that you enter when you want to contact us for business development, press or events—for example, your name, last name, company name, and email;
- information, such as email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our newsletters;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through the Site, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other Personal Information that you send to us.
Streamline only collects Personal Information from you on a voluntary basis. If you choose not to submit Personal Information when requested, we may not be able to respond to your query (e.g. we will not send you our newsletter or give you more information about our business development, media, or recruitment inquiry). However, to simply access the Site you do not need to give us any Personal Information.
Information that we will collect automatically
Device information: We also collect information about your device each time you use the Site. For example, we collect information on the type of computer or mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier, the type of browser that you are using, the operating system that you are using, or network information.
Location data: We also collect information to determine your geographical location (country and city).
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED ABOUT THIRD PARTIES
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his or her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his or her behalf to the processing of his or her Personal Information;
- receive on his or her behalf any Personal Information protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his or her Personal Information abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his or her sensitive Personal Information.
4. INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Site is not directed to children. Streamline does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age you should not use the Site, and under no circumstances should you send information about yourself to Streamline. If Streamline discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided Streamline with Personal Information, Streamline will immediately delete that child’s Personal Information from the Site and preclude the child from further access.
5. OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use your Personal Information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what Personal Information we process and why.READ HERE to learn the legal bases we may rely on
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your Personal Information for a specific purpose;
- contract: where our use of your Personal Information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract;
- legal compliance: where our use of your Personal Information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations);
- legitimate interests: where our use of your Personal Information is necessary for our legitimate interests (unless there is a good reason to protect your Personal Information, which overrides our legitimate interests).
6. HOW WILL STREAMLINE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information submitted to us through the Site might be used for the following purposes:
- administering the Site;
- personalizing the Site for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on the Site;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- keeping the Site secure and prevent fraud; and
- other uses.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your Personal Information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing. Also, no automated decisions are made in the course of the processing of your Personal Information.
7. INTERNAL DATA TRANSFERS
It is our policy not to share, sell or rent your Personal Information to any company not directly related to Streamline or under our control. Streamline reserves the right to share your Personal Information with its subsidiaries and affiliates. Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which our entities and business divisions operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Information that we collect may be transferred to the United States of America, Malaysia, Japan and Hong Kong.
8. DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share Personal Information you have provided to us without your consent unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
- we believe it is needed to enforce the Terms;
- we believe we are required to do so by law or to comply with legal processes;
- we believe it is needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- to protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Site and services. We currently use Google Analytics (usage analysis). You can review Google’s privacy policies to find out more at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
9. DATA RETENTION POLICY
If you would like us to delete any information about you, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
10. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ industry standard techniques and maintain appropriate safeguards that ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the Personal Information we collect from all users, for example:
- Personal Information collected by us is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and are only accessible by authorized Streamline employees, subsidiaries or affiliates; and
- we have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your Personal Information at your own risk.
11. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
When you are using the Site, certain content may be created or hosted by a third party. Such third parties may place cookies and/or use web beacons, which may be used to identify some of your preferences or to recognize you if you have previously had contact with them. We do not control the use of such technology by third parties, the information they collect, or how they use such information. Streamline does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties serving ads or other content on the Site.
12. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you are asked to complete our online order forms.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
—contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
—using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
14. YOUR RIGHTS
Where applicable, you may have certain rights under data protection legislation, including the right to object to direct marketing and the right to see the Personal Information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure it is accurate and up to date.READ HERE to learn more about the rights you have.
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
- the right to access Personal Information that we may process about you;
- the right to require us to correct any mistakes or inaccuracies in your Personal Information;
- the right to require us to delete your Personal Information;
- the right to require us to restrict processing of your Personal Information (e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data);
- in certain situations, the right to receive the Personal Information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party;
- the right to object: —at any time to your Personal Information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling); —in certain other situations to our continued processing of your Personal Information (e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests).
- the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us; and
- provide us with appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport); and
- let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
15. UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to review or update any Personal Information that we may have collected about you or if you wish to opt-out of participating in communication from us, please feel free to contact us at: